Friday 13 January 2017

The Journey To Now.

Right Here, Right Now.
Wildflower Studio is alive and well and trading under her sister company Mackintosh And More. I am retailing my glass vases via Amazon and eBay rather than my own website as I'm such a technophobe! In the meantime I will attempt to be a newbie blogger! 

Time To Start My Own Business
My "Cottage Industry" was born in 2002 when my husband and I decided that it was time to do our own thing so we opened a gift shop in the market town of Hexham in Northumberland. 


Within two years I had started to experiment with "leading" glassware. This was fuelled by my love of the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Art Deco and Art Nouveau eras. Soon I was selling my very own product in our little shop.


This really gave me the confidence to pursue my small business full-time so in 2004 we sold the shop and took the next big step. We became a genuine cottage industry and our home was never to be the same again, we were and are, constantly surrounded by glass. We did try another shop premises to try to separate work and home life, we enjoyed it for a while but ultimately we preferred the flexibility of working from home, so here we are again surrounded by glass but now the kids are both at college so it's not such a big deal.
 
In Summary
Over the years, we have produced more variations on our designs with the input of our personal customers and the shops, galleries and heritage sites we have supplied. It is very rewarding to create a design which people like enough to actually purchase, very flattering. Anyhow, I do hope you enjoy looking at my work as much as I have enjoyed designing and making them. 

Thanks for listening.